Saturday, April 16, 2011

'Interlude '- time for a bit of romantic nonsense...

Do you ever get to the stage where life is just a bit too much? Time to escape, to recharge: time for indulging in a bit of relaxation and for hiding yourself away from the busy, busy world where no-one can find you! 'Interlude' was written about one of my favourite places...


Dapple soft sunshine
Filter through the leaves,
Glisten on the water
Where the fishes weave.

Willow fronds cascading,
Gentle in the breeze,
Hide me where I lay
So quiet beneath the trees.

Bubbles in the water,
Fishes in the deep,
Glide between the lily pads
Where the bullfrogs leap.

Where the water ripples
On a summer’s day,
By its soft reflections
I will gladly stay.

Watching, waiting, dreaming
Where the willows weep,
By the sparkling river
Let me softly sleep.

Solitude, sweet peace at last,
Here I take my place,
Where the willows hide me
In their fond embrace.

Rest awhile and ponder,
Find new strength to face
All that life demands once more
In the human race.

No comments: